It's done! woooooooooooooooooooo. At least until you all start poking holes in it and then I'll have to go fix it (actually, I'd love to hear your critiques, just give me at least a day to think it's ok). But yeah, here we are. I ended up being proudest of how the tower came out, of all things...
Also, the knight is riding a giant dog, maybe they should nickname him "the Hound".......Ha!
Enjoy the FULL VIEW
Big thanks to everyone who pitched in some help, especially Gal and Matt

Buhaha, yes! THIS IS AWESOME, MAN! I'm so happy that the thing on top of the tower turned out to be a knight riding a hound. And the new additions to the piece really make it much more clear! Again, this is totally radical and I wish you the best of luck with the contest!
ReplyDeletethanks Rachel!
DeleteNiiiice
ReplyDeleteThis is so cool! Really nice work, Vic.
ReplyDeleteThis is looking terrific, Victor. You really worked through the issues. The dog and character is a great addition.
ReplyDeleteA few points for your consideration:
# Tangets: The edge of the grass and the lower trail of the tower; the far wing and the upper trail; both are limiting the sense of space.
# Cast shadows: the far wing casts a shadow on the leg, but not on the ground, which seems kind of odd. On the body of the dragon on the right, the shadow cast from the elevated ground doesn't really follow the jagged shape you established.
# The inner side of the tower might be too hazed out, and too close in value and color to the wing and sky. It's still a foreground element, and because of the shape of the tower, it'll probably get more reflected light bouncing from the inside, therefore warmer.
Hope that helps.
thanks Gal, you're absolutely right about those last few points. I remember noticing some of them too and then I guess I forgot. I'll definitely try making some final adjustments.
Delete