Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Slumbering Tyrant, Day 2

So, after a lot of good feedback from everyone, Here's what we got. Unfortunately, due to my lack of either confidence or decisiveness, the piece has not moved forward very much. I did decide to run with the cave idea and have more selective lighting so as to really narrow the focus of the piece (to the dragon's face). Other than that I mostly noodled more vines, which is fun to do. I promise I'll get to that tower and fix those darks........just please ignore the entire left side for now


Here is the accompanying piece: "Opposite of a Dragon"


4 comments:

  1. That Unicorn kinda looks like you, Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evan you recognized me :')

      If anyone ever got a hold of that reference photo they could blackmail me into just about anything. I'll go delete it right now. Or post it on Facebook.

      Delete
    2. dear god i see the resemblance now. what has been seen cannot be unseen. o___________o

      Delete
  2. Also, really like where you're headed with the tower and cave. Triangle brushin' it up.

    ReplyDelete

Top 10: the art of Secrets of Strixhaven

 I recently returned from an art retreat on an island in Menorca, where I met one of my favorite artists from my formative years: Phil Hale....