Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bandito the Raccoon


My epic effort this semester.
Traditional Animation 1
Animal Jump
Special Thanks to Yoav for story help, Charlie for motivation, Adele for original inspiration, Ivan for his critical eye, Dominic for letting me do this, MJ for not breaking up with me when I was going to the labs till 4 every night, and so many more people who kept me going throughout this project.

I'll try to post an in-depth "making of" (background painting, studies, animation tests, etc) this summer, 
but for now, enjoy, and tell me what you think :)

(also, I misspelled Raccoon in the title screen and I'm not changing it <3)

13 comments:

  1. I cannot stop watching it over and over!! It is awesome!! you did a great job !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mikel, means a lot. I'm glad you enjoy it :)

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome, Victor! You really poured your heart and soul into this and it shows. This just looks so professional, man. Awesome job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible stuff, man. I love the curvy way your character moves. The squash and stretch work really well, too. You have to teach me how to create that effect when he is tying the bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin, I'd love to show you some of those frames, they're by far the weirdest in the whole animation!

      Delete
  4. This is fantastic Victor, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoho, somebody was on fire ;]
    great job~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, we'll trade: you put my name on the dedication credits for this short, and for MY next short YOUR name will be on my dedication credits because you showed me some bausome tips on how to animate in photoshop. Sound good? I thought so.

    For real though, the background on this is beautiful, and it'll be cool to see the process work that went into it. Also, it's kind of hilarious that Bandito is inspired by wooden sculptures, and yet his movement is anything but stiff. I also just noticed that the dog blew Bandi's ears back when he snorted in his face. That's a great touch.

    ReplyDelete

Top 10: the art of Secrets of Strixhaven

 I recently returned from an art retreat on an island in Menorca, where I met one of my favorite artists from my formative years: Phil Hale....