Saturday, June 23, 2012

Edits and Studies


Nothing drastic here. Changed some small stuff, like detailing the mouth and eyes, adding smoke from the nose, lightening the tower and cave so you can see the colors (it looked good on the Cintiq but got a lot darker on my laptop, so I adjusted accordingly, might still be a bit too dark), tweaking the overall saturation so there's less bright green and blue, and redrawing the front hand. Unfortunately, there was no elegant way of fixing the tangents of the wing and ground with the tower walkways, just something I'll have to be wary of for next time.



Here's some studies to prepare me for tomorrow's illustration :)
Here's a teeny tiny preview ;)


and a rando quick self-portrait

1 comment:

  1. The self portrait reminds me of Kikaider! Nice light on the volcano study.

    ReplyDelete

Top 10: the art of Secrets of Strixhaven

 I recently returned from an art retreat on an island in Menorca, where I met one of my favorite artists from my formative years: Phil Hale....