Thursday, May 3, 2012

Everybody's Doing It

Well, everyone is trying to keep busy so I've no excuse to be lazy. My first lil study of the summer (30 min), based on a cool photo I found in one of my parents' books on Austalia. This hunter straight owned a turkey, but in my painting it looks like a bald eagle so it's even more epic.
Also in the book I found a photo of a dingo that Therese Nielsen straight up copied for the magic card "Wild Dogs". Was it Einstein that said that the best artists were those that were the best at hiding their sources? ;P
I did this quick one of Wrath but I'm getting bored of rendering it so here it is, half done (literally)




2 comments:

  1. Rad! Love his potbelly. Also, I think Picasso said "good artists borrow, great artists steal."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super dig the hunter painting.

    ReplyDelete

Top 10: the art of Secrets of Strixhaven

 I recently returned from an art retreat on an island in Menorca, where I met one of my favorite artists from my formative years: Phil Hale....