Friday, May 4, 2012

My Top 20 Images (05/04/2012)




Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
Alex Beck, Ashley Wood, Vasili Zorin, Jeremy Enecio, Andrew Theophilopoulos, Milan Nenezic
Chris Rahn, Francesco Giroldini, Taylor Clutter, Kev Walker, Nicolas Delort
Vitaliy Shushko, Frank Stockom, Nicolas Delort
Tom Scholes, Paul Lacolley, Eric Fortune, Joao Ruas, Phil Hale, Massimo Carnevale

Jeez, these took a long time to get together. Anyway, this is a very current but also very changeable compilation of some of my favorite images anywhere. They are based purely on taste, not my attempt to say what is the best, but rather what I like the best.
What I've discovered while doing this is the strong influence I've had from my illustration friends and the artists they've showed me. This is definitely not what my top 20 would have looked like a year ago, when figurative work and color did not figure highly in my interests. I'm sure this will change countless times by next year, but I can see some of these sticking. 
While some may say that it's shortsighted to include work by my classmates, I counter by saying that knowing those people has created a stronger connection to their work for me since I can relate with their process. Plus, a good image is a good image.

2 comments:

  1. its so interesting to see we share so many of the same influences

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's interesting to hear, you should try making one of these sometime

      Delete

Top 10: the art of Secrets of Strixhaven

 I recently returned from an art retreat on an island in Menorca, where I met one of my favorite artists from my formative years: Phil Hale....