Yo I've grown really attached to this animal. They're extremely funny in real life, with some of the most amusing mannerisms I have ever seen. I actually saw one on the way back from the Academic Center today. We just sort of stared at each other, I feel like we had a moment.
After perusing Youtube for raccoon videos, I decided that this guy most definitely had to be a thief. Just look at that mask! And those glowing round white eyes (FUN FACT: pretty much every illustration I've made this year has white circle eyes).
Anyway, I was gonna go with the little cutie, but ultimately I wanted to make a design that stood out from the rest, and hopefully might be remembered for years to come. Plus it has stronger silhouettes and lines of action, which will fit in to my animation more. It's inspired by the beautiful Oaxacan sculptures, check em out! I'm gonna try to whip out some sort of rough pass this weekend. Cheers!



Hey, about the memorable thing- I actually really thought the reddish eyes in your sketches were very unique. They definitely gave me a strong impression- and it's got a sort of nod towards the style of Native American art~
ReplyDeletea;sdfj but either way, this looks really great
very cool design dude! i can see alot of Nicolas Marlet-ness in your drawings!
ReplyDelete