Ringling
Illest of Ill
DPSC ("dipsy")
FEWS (figure sessions)
Animation
Cartoon Brew
11 Second Club
Living Lines Library (model sheets, pencil tests, etc from every animated film you can think of)
Digital Painting (go to DPSC!)
Ctrl+Paint
Feng Zhu Video Tutorials
Fantasy Art
Muddy Colors
Art Order
Figure (go to FEWS!)
Proko
Force
Ron Lemen Videos
E'rybody
Facial Expressions
One1More2Time3
Color Scheme Designer
Living Lines Library yes I included it twice it's that good
Light
Sterling Hundley Illustration technique
Books
Color & Light by James Gurney
that one Andrew Loomis book
all the books
I will update this if I think of any more...
Disclaimer: These are the tools that helped me and this is by no means an exhaustive list. There are hundreds of other free, online resources out there, many that I might never have heard of. In fact, if you find an awesome website, you should let me know :)
<3 Vic
Saturday, August 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Top 10: the art of Secrets of Strixhaven
I recently returned from an art retreat on an island in Menorca, where I met one of my favorite artists from my formative years: Phil Hale....
-
10. Totentanz, Swarm Piper Matthew Stewart Matthew is one of the undeniable greats of the game, and this piece is just packed with personali...
-
10. New Way Forward Wayne Wu Between the rich skin tones, clear effects, strong posing, and subtle but effective stylization of the hands, t...
AWESOME - more please :)
ReplyDeleteDude! I'll share with you some of mine
ReplyDeletehttp://androidarts.com/art_tut.htm
http://www.youtube.com/user/shaddy1100
http://www.pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
http://www.sparetimer.blogspot.com/
and for books...
Framed Ink (Marcos Mateu-Mestre)
Henry Yan's Figure drawing (Henry Yan)
Drawing Landscapes in Pencil (Ferdinand Petrie)
Weatherly Guide to Drawing Animals (Joe Weatherly)
Figure Drawing Design and Invention (Michael Hampton)
Thanks Eric, great suggestions, I will add them to the list
ReplyDelete