I don't actually think they're boring. This ended up taking longer than it should because I stopped to actually read the damn thing. Anyway this is a spot for an article about Obama's speeches. I feel like all of my assignments lately have been teaching me what not to do when illustrating...so much trial and error -__-
Let me know what y'all think, I'm new at this editorial game.

Really like the figures at the bottom and the shapes you've created with them. The biggest thing for me I think is the typography. I think that putting that much text on the page is somewhat distracting. Though I understand you're trying to draw attention to the fact that the people are bored by all these words, having such a high contrast of black type against that faded yellow-orange color is just a little much Maybe add some shadows that would lessen the contrast between the type and the scroll so they're less apparent or maybe scrap the actual type.
ReplyDeleteI'll fudge with it, thanks!
DeleteThis is a really nice piece. You could always make the text a lighter value, so that it and the paper become more of a single, unified shape.
ReplyDeletethanks Vincent, I will try that
Deletegreat piece, i really like the texture of the figures on the bottom did you draw them in ink before bringing it digital?
ReplyDeleteTara: yup, I drew it out first! In pencil, I think...
Delete